423b2e
423b2e

8.03.2009

latte therapy



THE WAY I SEE IT #78

"The irony of commitment is that it's deeply liberating -
in work, in play, in love. The act frees you
from the tyranny of your internal critic,
from the the fear that likes to dress itself up
and parade around as rational hesitation.
To commit is to remove your head
as the barrier to your life."

~ by Anne Morriss


Starbucks Therapy:
* cheaper than a visit to the psych.
* no need to talk
* tastes good
* tells me in a nice way
to remove my head from my hindquarters


xxx
rdg

7 comments:

Ulysses said...

And when you're tired of beating your own head against your wall, I (and many others, I'm sure) will be around ready to listen.

Gary Rith Pottery Blog said...

I know what you mean. Either double espresso shot or soy capucino--most therapeutic!

Pauline said...

happy happy happy to see you back and sharing such marvelous thoughts - you gotta read what you write! XO

red dirt girl said...

Ulysses,

Thank you for being an 'ear to listen.' Sorry if I've bent it a little too hard at times!

xxx
rdg

red dirt girl said...

Gary!!!!

I remember when Starbucks started printing these 'words of customers' wisdom' years ago. It seemed so ..... 'starbuckish' if you know what I mean.

But hey - inspiration comes from all types of places, right ??? Make mine a venti with extra whip, please ;)

xxx
rdg

red dirt girl said...

Oh Pauline, girlfriend,

i HAVE MISSED YOU SOOOO MUCH !!!!
thank you, friend.

xoxo
rdg

Ulysses said...

Feh, what's a little cauliflower between friends?