423b2e
423b2e

2.21.2010

breakfast in bed ...




When you're single and find yourself all alone on a rainy Sunday morning, you learn how to improvise. So here's my breakfast in bed. I lept up from my haybed and galloped to the cooking shed to whip up some cafe au lait and TOAST with LOTS OF BUTTER !!! (missing those honeyed clementines promised .....)

Actually, I just wanted to highlight my favorite dragon mugs made for me by mr. GARY RITH - yeah, oh YEAH! It's the perfect coffee drinking mug. Mr. Dragon's head rests on the side of my left hand while my right grabs the handle. Yep. I'm a two-fisted drinker.

There you have it. A swift gallop back and a few poorly done photos with the laptop (I had to hurry cause Oscar the Hound was hiding 'neath the blankies and really really wanted my toast!) and Voila' - a poor single woman's breakfast in bed. Sigh.

xxx

8 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

holy cats that looks FAMILIAR!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Would have been funny to see Oscar there, chasing your toast.

Ulysses said...

No clementines? And no ruby red grapefruit? You better have two pieces of toast then.

J Cosmo Newbery said...

A tad spartan. Should I dispatch some marmalade?

soubriquet said...

I agree with J.Cosmo, Marmalade required. thick-cut, chunky, seville marmalade. I have some right here....

The toast and marmelade is after the porridge with the brown sugar, right? And Assam?

Neat mug. Watch out fer them dragons!

red dirt girl said...

Whoooaaahh Nelly, a veritable moving feast, guys! I'm not sure if I can eat ALL that at one sitting. But I do thankee kindly for the offers. Let's see: clementines, yes, with honey please. (the second piece of toast didn't survive the gallop up the stairs); but i must confess that i'm not a huge fan of grapefruit .... sorry. it's soooo sour and the mule likes her sweets. Marmalade? oh why YES! I say. I knew I was missing sumpin.' But soubry has pegged me best: PORRIDGE WITH LOTS OF BROWN SUGAR. Ohhhhhhhhhh!

Boys. Does the food come with a personal chef ??

xxx

J Cosmo Newbery said...

Well...

goatman said...

I like the cup.
One of Gary's productions?