423b2e
423b2e

3.17.2010

blog awards and bad audiobooks




You might notice that my blog is slowly being plastered with 'Blog Awards.' I admit to a wee bit of mischievousness in displaying these 'made to order' awards by my best beloved. He wrote a great post about blog awards HERE. I don't have much more to offer on the subject. I acknowledge the need for positive affirmation and a desire to 'share' a kindness with a fellow blogger. But c'mon - talk about proliferation! The BLOGIES ????!!!! As we are showing here, there are awards available for everyone, for every occasion. I'd rather you leave me a comment, sharing your wit, humour, point of view. And then fire up your favorite image software and generate a few awards to give yourself. Go ahead! You deserve the pat on the back !!

During my darker depressive days, I find myself unable to read. Now THIS is a true tragedy because I have always been a voracious reader. So I've resorted to listening to audiobooks. And since I'm feeling less than happy, I am heading straight for the ROMANCE category to make my selections. Apparently, I am starting to reach the bottom of the barrel, here. Listening to today's reading (author & title to remain anonymous), I noted that it took the book 4 hours to reach its first sex scene - and it's only a 6 hour book. This scene was made most notable by the excruciating climatic line: " Oh Chelsea, I want you so bad I don't think I will live through the night." It was a phone sex scene. The book took 5 hours to reach consummation, highlighted by gems such as these: "This is going to be good, isn' it?" and "You're so beautiful, I get dizzy when I look at you." Do people in real life actually say this stuff ????? Geeessshh!

Sigh.

I'm nominating myself for the Hottest Mommy Blogger Award .....;) I'm not sure exactly what qualifications I need to win this coveted blogie award.... But I am a mom. And one very hottttt mule. Mwahaaaaha!!!



xxx


6 comments:

XXXX said...

You're so beautiful, I get dizzy when I look at you.

red dirt girl said...

ahhhh, quad-X. really. you shouldn't have.... ;)

xxx

J Cosmo Newbery said...

How about a 'Most readable breasts" award? (No audio tapes allowed.)

Gary's third pottery blog said...

HOT MULE! Dang!

red dirt girl said...

Cosmo,

I'm a little fuzzy on the details of your award: how does it transmit through the ethernet ?? I suspect you are wanting it to be a hands-on affair, right ??? (scandalous !)

xxx

red dirt girl said...

Gary! It IS a rather fetching pic of my mule-self, isn't it ???!!!