423b2e
423b2e

3.03.2010

whilst viewing a movie


I'm watching a movie about blogging. There she is, on the bottom of the pix, the blogger. Back in 2002, Julie decided to cook every recipe in Julia Child's cookbook in 365 days. And she decided to blog about it over at Salon.com. I didn't even know blogging existed in 2002. I didn't even know what blogging meant. The movie is kind of funny. Well. A surprise. Art imitating life, imitating art, imitating etc etc.

Julie writes for a while before attracting any readers. Next we see her readers are mailing her food products. Friends are advising her to set up Pay-Pal on her blog. And the Christian Science Monitor wants to interview her. The scenes of Julia Child are amazingly lusty. Gives me a whole new appreciation for the gourmand. (not to mention David Byrne singing "Lobster Killer") !!!!!!

back to the show .....
xxx

8 comments:

J Cosmo Newbery said...

Calm...calm...

red dirt girl said...

Cosmo, PHEW! thanks for tying a string to my balloon.... I was getting a little carried away there, wasn't I ??!!! to finish the tale: yep. she got a book offer, wrote it and then a movie from her book. Not bad for a wee bit of blogging !

jimgottuso said...

i can't wait to see that movie... love julia child, she was a oner. don't see any movies in my future, you?

red dirt girl said...

Jim - The only movie deal i can for see is Diary of a Mad Single Mom, and something tells me that its already been done, in a genre i wouldn't want my children to watch ....

but THIS movie was great. a surprising gem. thumbs up and all that!!

xxx

goatman said...

i was dismayed to see (in the movie at least) that Julia did not ever meet with this ardent follower.
Bummed me out, you betcha!!

red dirt girl said...

Goatman !! *SPOILER ALERT*

It was sort of a let down. I kept waiting for that piece of the plot to untwist itself. But I remember Julia Child as being a querulous sort, so it didn't surprise me.

xxx

GEWELS said...

LOVED this movie. Went with another Italian- we both cried. Yes, cried! I know, why? We love food what can I say.
Meryl was brilliant!
Met another food blogger who wrote a book- Pioneer Woman cooks. I am SOOO jealous of her life.I want to be her and make money cooking and writing and taking photos.

red dirt girl said...

Hi Gewels girlfriend! You could BE her. You take gorgeous photos, write, love to cook ....Yes. This could be your life !!!

xxx