423b2e
423b2e

4.23.2010

a little more cat ...


Why so much Yusuf Islam (formerly known as Cat Stevens)? First, I was reminded of my 'moonshadow' and how it has been eclipsing my sun for the better part of a year. AND I remembered how Cat Stevens was THE BOMB when I was about 11 to 12 years old. My aunt gave me her "Teaser and the Firecat" album. I listened to it endlessly. Later I purchased "Catch Bull at Four," and fell IN LOVE with Cat's wild and woolley head shot on the back cover. Yes, faithful readers ..... IN LOVE as in girlish, adolescent, on the cusp type of infatuation. WARNING: TOO MUCH INFORMATION !!!! I confess. I kissed my album cover. INNOCENT kisses. Girl Scout's honor.

The following video is classic Cat Stevens, but not my favorite. "The Boy with a Moon & Star on His Head" is my all time fav (not available at YouTube). So kick back, enjoy and leave the album cover kissin' to me ;) !!



xxx

3 comments:

soubriquet said...

Well then..... If I ever catch up with Teaser, I'm going to kick his firecat. And I'll knock the tillerman's mug over, 'accidentally'.

jimgottuso said...

ah... cat. i spent so much time listening to him and was quite disappointed by his conversion. catch bull at four was an album in a fashion that seems long lost. not sure if you followed him all the way to his "foreigner" album but i must have worn the disc through with the stylus i played it so many times. always had a soft spot for "father and son" song... i was the son when i first started listening to it and now... well, i have a daughter but still. my dad's favorite song was "cat's in the cradle" or whatever it was called... now that he's dead, that song kills me every time.

bulletholes said...

Its your lucky day...a double dose of Cat Stevens! You may have seen these posts, i don't know....
http://srevestories.blogspot.com/2009/06/wild-world.html