423b2e
423b2e

6.22.2011

coffee talk



I've been absent from the blogs for a while. I ran out of topics. I forgot I needed to laugh at myself. Faithful Readers - I was so SERIOUS. Bipolar depression is very hard to treat, medically and cognitively. I have a great doctor, who, bless his sorry little heart, has been slowly pulling meds out my 'cocktail' recipe. I will say, positively, that I am now contemplating the day where I might be able to fly solo: drug free. Realistically, I need a mood stabilizer to keep me, well, stabilized. So, I've been busy contemplating my navel ...

My days are a mix of children, shopgirl career and TWO dogs. Yes. I admit. In a state of slight mania, I allowed my children to talk me into adopting a pound pup. Shilah is a 35 lb. Greyhound mix and is living proof (in my ex.'s mind) that I'm a nutcase. She and I need more exercise than we both are currently getting - so nix the idea that I was going to walk the dogs daily and it would be a good idea to have an extra playmate for Oscar the hound dog dachshund ...

I think I have a truncated case of empty nest syndrome. My oldest mulette is successfully graduated from high school and has enrolled for his first semester of college: UT Austin. go longhorns ?! My middle mulette is a 16 yr. old ball of fire. She steals her older brother's car keys, is joined at the hip to not one girlfriend but three, yes 3! special girlfriends that she can't live without and has a job. And the youngest mulette was voted Most Artistic in his class. I attribute this to his budding entrepreneurial mind: he began drawing cartoon figures for his classmates at a price, 5 cents per drawing, or for a sweet dessert traded at lunchtime. Unfortunately his teacher did not view his activity as a sign of positive economic growth - and shut his business down. Pah!

As a confessing shopgirl, I'm still learning to be more assertive with customers: No m'am. If you have worn this particular item for the last 3 months EVEN THOUGH it did not fit you, you CANNOT RETURN it for cash back ... arggghh! We have a new Point of Sale system that has required me to prove that old mules can still do tricks. I was recently 'talked to' because I'm 'too sweet' and have been seen listening to the trouble making token male employee. Trouble making token male has been talking trash and this has caused DRAMA. I've been advised to not listen and walk away ... am I in grade school again ???? Geesh!

Currently I'm listening to Adele's Turning Tables; reading Rebecca Wells' The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder; and looking forward to a mid-summer's visit from across the pond ...

hugs and xxx!

7 comments:

Bullets said...

You sound great girl!

goatman said...

Topics for blog posts are hard to come upon, as I tool have discovered. But you do write well, I've seen it, so I guess its just a matter of the chemistry being helpful.
Put pictures of your dogs up, I will do the same if I can get our two together and not moving for once.
Your kids sound wonderful -- you have done well.

soubriquet said...

Coffee?
good grief!

You're doing well. Much to be proud of.
Preparing my pond-skatesxxxxxx

The Painting Queen said...

Great to hear you are feeling so much better! It is always a plus to have a good day!!!

I have had a medical year myself. I can relate to trying to get off as many meds as possible. I am also drastically changing my choices in food. I am feeling better already. I have 3 months to prove to the doctors I can do this! They wanted to put me on anti-depressants for chronic fatigue syndrome and I refused. I knew my thyroid had tanked and I was correct. Always be your own best advocate!

My daughter was in retail for 12 years as a manager for a number of national chains and yes there was much drama. She now works at a retail headquarters doing other things that keep her far from the crazy customers. haha

Gary's third pottery blog said...

SOUB is coming to visit you???!!! How thoroughly awesome :) Nice to hear your musings again girl...

Dave Renfro said...

You're tops, mule friend!

jim said...

hi kirsten,
glad to hear you're doing well. i think it's a shame that they shut down the youngest mulette's entrepreneurial adventures. i was also saddened to hear that i will be unable to return the clothes that i've been wearing for the last 10 years for a full refund... fascists.