423b2e
423b2e

12.22.2011

today i'm lighting a candle for you, my friends



Today is the Winter Solstice.
I'm lighting a candle and thinking of each one of you, my blogging friends.
Blessings to all.


Just Delicate Needles
~ Rolf Jacobsen

It's so delicate, the light.
And there's so little of it. The dark
is huge.
Just delicate needles, the light,
in an endless night.
And it has such a long way to go
through such desolate space.
So let's be gentle with it.
Cherish it.
So it will come again in the morning.
We hope.

translated by Robert Hedin

xxx

6 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

hugs MULE!

Adullamite said...

The days are getting shorter! Woopeeeeee!

gz said...

Bright Blessings!
Loking forward to the sun- I so hate working under artificial light

red dirt girl said...

Hugs back, Gary !!

Adullamite ... no it means that today was the shortest day of the year. Now, we can be happy that the days will be getting longer, Mr. Sunshine.

gz ~ I am in complete agreement. I long for more sun.

Blessings to all!
xxx

Adullamite said...

Oops did I say shorter? I blame the drugs! I meant loooooonger! Good job you are driving dear! xx

red dirt girl said...

Ha Ha!! I am good for something, dear Adullamite! Hope Santa is good to you.

xxx