423b2e
423b2e

1.14.2012

for man, no circle is ever closed. we walk ever in spirals. ~ R. Scott Bakker



















I have a 'thing' for spirals. I'm not sure why or when this particular 'interest' of mine began. But ever since I've had an innertent to swoop around in, I've collected images of spirals. Spirals have dozens of meanings, are found everywhere in life, the universe. I like the idea of our lives being a journey along the path of a spiral. We seem to pass the same point over and over again but from a different perspective each time. I like the idea that I have more than one opportunity to learn a life lesson ~ because, knowing my stubborn, mulish self, it takes more than one loop around the spiral to get it right.

xxx

4 comments:

J Cosmo Newbery said...

Just, if you get dizzy, hang on.

red dirt girl said...

thanks, Cosmo :)
xxx

gz said...

Spirals are everywhere..I was picking sprouts yesterday, and because they were smaller than usual I could see for the first time ever...they grow in spirals too!

red dirt girl said...

I love that! From the smallest crashed atom to our DNA to sprouts, water spouts, hurricanes, solar systems .... there's continuity in our universe.
xxx