423b2e
423b2e

1.21.2012

what have i become...


"Hurt" is a song written by Trent Reznor, first released on Nine Inch Nails' 1994 album The Downward Spiral. In 2002, "Hurt" was covered by Johnny Cash to critical acclaim; it was one of Cash's final hit releases before his death. Its accompanying video, featuring images from Cash's life and directed by Mark Romanek, was named the best video of the year by the Grammy Awards and Country Music Awards.



Just heard this for the first time last night - part of the soundtrack to the movie Columbiana. The movie is forgettable unless you're needing the cathartic release of watching a pretty girl kill all the bad guys. The only two things unforgettable about Columbiana are Zoe Saldana and this cut sung by the late Johnny Cash.

xxx

4 comments:

goatman said...

I cry just to see him, and the song doesn't help in that regard. He didn't last long after June "passed" (as they say).
I am glad that I will most likely "pass" first. But saddened as to the result on my girl . . .

Hey, you brought it up.

red dirt girl said...

Hi goatman. I confess, he makes me cry, too. The original version by Nine Inch Nails is crap. The emotion Johnny puts into this song .... gives me the goosebumps. I am NOT HAPPY TO YOU talking about passing away. (When my daughter was little, instead of saying she was MAD at someone, she'd say, "I'm not happy to you.") I know what you mean, though, about leaving the one you love behind. And you know, we, us, your blogging friends - we'll be saddened, too. Damn, I'm already sad, goatman. Why did you have to bring this up too ???

love ya
xxx

goatman said...

You should tell her that -- see if she remembers. Fodder for a poem?

I am sorry to you for my drifting off into sadness.

red dirt girl said...

It's okay, goatman. I read some buddhist comment on how one must welcome each day whatever the day brings us: sadness, depression, joy, tedium ... the gamut - because there are always lessons to be learned in whatever state we are in. Acceptance. I think you have had to learn acceptance the hard way.

xxx