423b2e
423b2e

2.13.2012

the Valentine's post I meant to write ...


I've been meaning to write this post for the last two weeks, but I've been sidetracked by Life. You see, MY Valentine's celebration began on February 1 when I received via Royal Air Mail .....

that's RIGHT!!
My very own The Naked Muse 2012 calendar !!


If you remember from my previous post, calendars for good causes, this calendar features poetry written by female poets alongside naked male muses photographed by women. I had suggested that for Valentine's, my male readership should gift their beloveds with the gift that keeps on giving, 12 months out of the year. Most of you said - No way. Even my own beloved was a skeptic. But LOOK what he did ..... yep, that sweet man of mine, without my knowledge, followed the links and purchased for me my very own Valentine's calendar. And the poetry in it is great! I've already shared the first poem from it here at the gate, entitled Lips.

Knowing you guys, however, I bet you are wondering about the NAKED MEN in the calendar. Meh ... That's right, Meh... these are not the hunky models advertising Calvin Klein underwear or the George Clooney's of the world. These are just your average, run of the mill, all ages, all walks of life guys who also happen to be published poets. And the nudes are tasteful (only one full frontal hidden behind a lacy sheer curtain). Of course I went through and looked at all the months - you would too! My 16 year old daughter also grabbed it and flipped through .... Her response ..... Ewwwww! Hahahaha ..... I'm not sure what she was expecting, but be rest assured none appealed to her teenage aesthetic. Except for the dreadlocks. One poet has a head full of dreads, which she finds utterly cool.

What I find utterly cool is the fact that my beloved was Man Enough to purchase the calendar, sight unseen, and send it to me, simply because he knew I really wanted one. Yes, this act scored major points with me. And as I mentioned earlier, the poetry is great. I'm discovering a new world of contemporary poets that I want to read.


Sigh ....... ain't Love just the BEST !!


Thank you, sweetheart !
XXXXX

10 comments:

Adullamite said...

I wonder if the models boyfriends know about their posing here....

Adullamite said...

Proper Happy Valentines Day to you beautiful. x

J Cosmo Newbery said...

Ain't love grand...

Gary's third pottery blog said...

<3

Anonymous said...

We actually have something new and cool here in Northwest Arkansas, the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, which just opened last November. It was still very busy when my mom and I went there around Christmas time so we didn't wait in line to look through the lens, but we did see this ridiculous piece:

http://www.devorahsperber.com/thread_works_index_html_and_2x2s/last_supper.html

It was one of many ridiculous pieces in their "Wonders" collection. I wonder what they paid for it?

Cheers!

~Dave

Anonymous said...

Let me try that again using Chrome:

http://www.devorahsperber.com/thread_works_index_html_and_2x2s/last_supper.html

Anonymous said...

. . . and again!

red dirt girl said...

Thanks for the link! "Wonders" collection? What sort of collection is a Wonders?? Do they have meteorites and super bouncy bouncing balls, too? The biggest ball of string ever recorded?

Actually it was kind of neat in an odd way ...

xxx
Hi Dave!

red dirt girl said...

Adullamite ~ great minds think alike ...

Cosmo ~ grand, indeed.

xxx

goatman said...

I know where is the worlds deepest hand-dug well, and meteorite.