423b2e
423b2e

2.08.2012

wendell berry


Approaching Noise by David Jon Kassan

In this woman the earth speaks.
Her words open in me, cells of light
flashing in my body, and make a song
that I follow toward her out of my need.
The pain I have given her I wear
like another skin, tender, the air
around me flashing with thorns.
And yet such joy as I have given her
sings in me and is part of her song.
The winds of her knees shake me
like a flame. I have risen up from her,
time and again, a new man.


~ Wendell Berry
from Farming
xxx

4 comments:

gz said...

xx
gz

J Cosmo Newbery said...

In all, it is lovely. But the windy knees raise awkward question marks...

red dirt girl said...

gz - xxx!

red dirt girl said...

Cosmo ~ LOL ... apparently when you are an ESTABLISHED poet, you can metaphor anything ... I certainly would question the windy knees reference myself.

xxx