423b2e
423b2e

11.02.2012

MYSTERY SOLVED !!!



Almost a year ago to date, Alberto Granados left me a message on a post requesting help in identifying the title and artist of this painting.  He just left me a message yesterday saying YES!  It has finally been located on the internet, HERE:  Peter Nahum at the Leicester Galleries.

The painting is entitled:  At Evening Time - Study (United Kingdom, 1864)
The artist is George Elgar Hicks.

I am not sure who discovered it, but I am happy to receive the update.  A big thank you to all who attempted to identify and locate.

xxx

7 comments:

J Cosmo Newbery said...

I'll let you into a secret: if you have an image you want to identify: drop it into the search window of Google Images. It is really good at finding matching images.

Works well on Firefox, doesn't work in Safari for some reason. Can't vouch for IE.

red dirt girl said...

Hi Cosmo - we did that. Tried tineye as well ..... at the time it only came up with 3 image matches; all from blogs. We had people all over the world searching / facebook post / etc. I contacted a small art museum in England asking for help (we had identified a time period for it) ... no luck. Don't know how he found it, but I am glad he did!

xxx

Dave Renfro said...

That's some detail for such a small painting. Congrats on finally knowing. I remember the plea for help from before.

Hi mule friend!

~Dave

Alberto Granados said...

Regina Celia Mendonça, from Brazil, found the facts (name, author, date) and sent me a mail a few days ago. She's got a delicious blog about paintings. I link it for you all:

http://rceliamendonca.wordpress.com/

Regards from Granada (Spain).

AG

red dirt girl said...

Hi Dave!

xxx

red dirt girl said...

Thank you, AG.

Indeed, it is a lovely blog. Now you must write your story about her, waiting for her captain at sea ...

xxx

Alberto Granados said...

I did it, in 5 issues, last march. My story was called Mariana contemplando las mareas (i e Mariana watching tides).
I link the first issue for you all:
http://albertogranados.wordpress.com/2012/03/11/mariana-contemplando-las-mareas-1/

Thanks.

AG