423b2e
423b2e

4.15.2013

duct tape footwear - an interim post


I've been meaning to post.  Honest.  I have tons of photos from my recent travels with Soubriquet.  I have cows ..... dozens of cows.  Quirky shop fronts.  Weird Austinites.  Cool purple houses.  Iron gates.  It's all on the new laptop.  The one Soubry gave me for Christmas.  So why am I here on my ancient and outdated MacBook Pro from 2007 ???  I'm having a hard time letting go.  Windows Vista is so so ..... frustrating to learn.  I feel ashamed.  Until Soub arrived, the new super fantastic laptop was living under my bed.  Soub rescued it, dusted it off and began loading cool software onto it for me.  He even formatted my start page to look more like the Windows software I use at work.  And I posted our lost in Austin post from it - so obviously I am 'capable' .....

I think this is a metaphor for my life at the moment.  I'm bridging the gap between an old life that no longer fits me and a new life that I'm longing to start with Soubriquet.  The gap is the governmental chasm of bureaucracy.  The gap is my fear of letting go.

Maybe I'm just being lazy....

Enough armchair philosophizing.  This is a post about the latest and greatest in 12 year old footwear:  Duct Tape Footwear.  On the feet of my youngest mulette, Lucas.  Aren't these the coolest ???  His friend made them for him.  All it requires is a pair of socks with feet in them.  And duct tape.  The creator is a 12 year old aspiring high fashion footwear designer named Kelyn.  I think she's got a great eye:


We are definitely a family of cool footwearers !!!

(see Soub's photo HERE)
xxx

14 comments:

alan1704 said...

I'm bridging the gap between an old life that no longer fits me and a new life that I'm longing to start with Soubriquet. - Hang on in there, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Just like your duck taped shoes, time is coming when everything will fit perfectly. I will continue to pray for you, for restoration in every aspect of you life. You are a treasure.

Adullamite said...

Tsk! You are just being a woman, stay that way, it suits you! xx

J Cosmo Newbery said...

Nothing to add - good to see you happy. If lazy.

soubriquet said...

Sigh.....
The truth is that she's at her most fluent on an old clockwork Mac.

Well, it's either a mac or an etch-a-sketch. I re-batteried it a year ago, because it wouldn't work unless plugged in, it's many operating systems away from the present. Linear-B, or Sanscrit, I think is its operating language. It has so little hard drive or memory left that it keeps asking..."What's my name? Is it wednesday? Well. I had my book a moment ago, I just put it down... where are my keys? Is it wednesday?".....
So that souberquit bought her a shiny new laptop, fearsome amounts of memory, a terabyte of disk space, and... NOT windows vista, you'll have to excuse her, she's just a little confused. Windows 8 is the villain she hates. I have some sympathy.
But really she just clings onto that old light-up etch-a-sketch, like a toddler with a security blanket. One day I'll get it away from her and wash it.
Sigh.



But the duct tape shoes? Great! Aren't kids wonderful?
I spend a heap of dollars on a silly pair of shoes, and the youngest mulette gets a designer-custom-made pair, Sigh again.

red dirt girl said...

Alan, you've blessed my day AND my life. Thank you for your encouraging words.

xxx

red dirt girl said...

Adullamite!

I should take you to task but I think you 'hit the nail on the head' !! It is a peculiar girly trait!

xxx

red dirt girl said...

Thank you, Cosmo :-)

xxx

red dirt girl said...

Sweetheart ... sigh. I knew you'd understand even when you think I'm being most illogical. Windows Vista ??! Where did I come up with that? I have a big "L" over my forehead right now. I really am an illiterate. I will attempt my next post on the shiny new gadget. Promise!

NO - I am NOT crossing anything behind my back. Honest ...

xxx

Jerry E Beuterbaugh said...

A manly man can rule the world with enough duct tape at his disposal!!!

Lee said...

Bridges are good...they assist you both ways. :)

You are sounding so happy...it's contagious, RDG!

red dirt girl said...

Hahahaa Jerry! I'm inclined to believe you are right !!

xxx

red dirt girl said...

Oh you are so right, Lee! Bridges do allow traffic both ways. Maybe not such a bad place to be in. Me? Happy?? surely not .... (giggles). Actually I'm over the moon happy at the moment. Thank you for the encouragement!

xxx

bulletholes said...

'Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do...
I'm h-h-half..cr
cra..zy...o...o..v..e..e.rrr the l.l.o..ve.. oooofffff...yyyoooooooouu""

red dirt girl said...

You ARE a nut, cowboy ;)

xxx