423b2e
423b2e

9.09.2013

back to work ...


Which is a misnomer since I have not stopped working since my last day off over a week ago.  And now I understand the difference between  a 'salaried' employee versus an 'hourly' employee:  my time no longer equals money.  And the job now demands more of it.  My time, that is.  Sigh.  In my head at the moment are two voices:  my mother's exclaiming, "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth!"  And my own voice muttering something somewhat unintelligible about 'fool's gold.'  As you now have noted, I am often of two minds.  So how about we meet in the middle and say,

"Happy Monday"

xxx

6 comments:

Lee said...

I hope you do have a Happy Monday, RDG...I hope the whole week is continuation of it....

J Cosmo Newbery said...

Yeah. What can I say? Good luck.

soubriquet said...

I wish I'd had that book.

Adullamite said...

I was so struck by the effort you have to put in I took my head of the pillow to offer my empathy.
xxx

zzzzzzzzz......

red dirt girl said...

I'm a happy mass of confusion at the moment, Lee.

I wish Luck had something to do with it all! Instead it's 'In for a pound, in for a penny' around here.

You DID have that book. I bet you've packed in one of those boxes you are bringing.

I'm so damn envious of you Adullamite! I want more days of pillows and zzzzzzzzzzz!

xxx

Lin said...

It's why I still work "part-time"--I can't do the never-ending hours thing. I'll never be rich, but at least I don't feel owned by the company I work for.

I'm such a rebel, eh?