423b2e
423b2e

1.29.2014

anne sexton and anais nin: random thoughts of january


Meanwhile in my head, I'm undergoing open-heart surgery.
~ Anne Sexton
"Who am I to believe in dreams?
There is an animal inside of me,
clutching fast to my heart;
Perhaps the earth is floating,
I do not know.
Perhaps the stars are little paper cutups
made by some giant scissors,
I do not know.
Perhaps the moon is a frozen tear,
I do not know.
Perhaps God is only a deep voice
heard by the dear,
I do not know."

~ Anne Sexton, The Poet of Ignorance

"We do not grow absolutely, chronologically.  We grow sometimes in one dimension, and not in another; unevenly.  We grow partially.  We are relative.  We are mature in one realm, childish in another.  The past, present and future mingle and pull us backward, forward or fix us in the present.  We are made up of layers, cells, constellations."

~ Anais Nin

xxx

3 comments:

Adullamite said...

wot?

Lee said...

I'm not very familiar with Anne Sexton, but I am a huge fan of Anais Nin.

J Cosmo Newbery said...

Anais nailed it.